CBD has a lot of potential health benefits. CBD has been shown in numerous studies to have the ability to aid with a variety of health issues such as stress, anxiety, and even epilepsy.
The stigma attached to CBD as a result of its link to marijuana is dissipating. It can’t be denied, though, that many people are still uncomfortable with the idea of smoking a CBD joint.
Of course, some people dislike smoking in general and hence avoid using CBD, even though it may benefit them with their health issues.
The best thing is that CBD can now be consumed in a variety of ways. Anyone who wishes to test CBD and enjoy its effects can do so by inhalation, ingestion, topical application, or sublingual administration.
Each approach has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and the ideal consumption method for you will be determined by your personal preferences and needs.
In this article, we’ll go through various CBD intake techniques to help you figure out which one is ideal for you.
Different Ways To Consume CBD:
- Topicals [Creams & Lotions]
- Ingestion [Gummies, Brownies, Edibles]
- Sublingual Products [Tinctures & Sprays]
One of the easiest methods to reap the benefits of CBD is to take it orally. Smoking ingests the CBD directly through the lungs and passes into the bloodstream, creating an instantaneous effect.
An oil rig that looks like a normal water pipe can be used to smoke CBD concentrate.
To smoke CBD oil, you’d need to add the CBD oil inside the rig and heat it for about 30-40 secs till the foam starts to develop, the CBD concentrate will evaporate the enter directly into your bloodstream.
Rolling a joint containing high-CBD is a simple option. If you want to try via the latter way, be aware that you will also be taking in Delta-9 THC.
Advantages Of Smoking CBD:
- It’s the quickest method of delivery
- Smokes carry high concentrations of CBD.
Drawbacks Of Smoking:
- A CBD smoke can be a great alternative to tobacco smoke, however, excessive smoking can have a bad impact on the lungs and throat.
- People with severe medical conditions may not benefit from CBD smokes. Different consumption methods must be consulted with the doctor.
- It necessitates the use of additional tools [Dabber, Oil Rig, Joint Paper].
Topicals [Creams, Balms, Lotions, Pain Ease Oils]
CBD gel applied directly to the skin, dramatically reduced joint swelling in rats, according to a 2015 study trusted source – encouraging outcomes for individuals with illnesses like arthritis.
While studies on topicals haven’t provided a bioavailability estimate, we do know one thing: Topicals aren’t affected by the first-pass impact, thus they’ll target a specific location for relief.
If smoking and inhalation aren’t for you, topical CBD solutions are the best option. Using CBD balms, ointments, or lotions on your skin is known as a topical application.
For painful muscles, skin issues, and even migraines, this treatment is ideal. Apply the balm to any aching spot, such as the neck, feet, or back. You can massage your temples if you have a migraine.
Advantages Of Topical Applications:
- Topicals are extremely simple to apply.
- There are no further accessories or tools required.
- It’s wonderful for muscle aches and pains, as well as skin issues like acne and inflammation.
Drawbacks Of Topical Products:
- If you have a larger pain area, you’ll need a bigger quantity of the lotion.
- The results aren’t as long-lasting as they are with other techniques.
Ingestion [Gummies, Brownies, Edibles]
In terms of popularity, edibles are the fastest growing ways to consume them. If you don’t like the flavor of CBD oil on its own, you can add it to your diet.
CBD edibles, such as gummies or brownies, are also excellent choices. They’re not only delicious, but they’re also the most inconspicuous method to consume CBD, particularly if you need to take a dose at work.
It is absolutely important to be mindful of your edibles consumption since they take about 1-2 hours to show visible effects, it is easy to mindlessly eat more than required. Be patient and allow time for them to work. Don’t eat too many pieces under the mistaken belief that nothing is happening.
Make sure to only eat about ⅓ portion of whatever edible you’re consuming, after that wait for an hour or two before eating more so that your body can adjust to these quantities.
Advantages Of Consuming Edibles:
- It’s extremely understated.
- Countless dishes can be made with CBD oils and flowers such as gummies, brownies, cookies, mixed in salads, etc.
Disadvantages Of Edibles:
- The effects could take a few hours to show.
- It can be difficult to comprehend and determine the proper dosage
Sublingual Products [Tinctures & Sprays]
If you want to avoid additives, try a sublingual product. Many edibles contain sugar and preservatives, so if you want to avoid them, try a sublingual product.
These are meant to be absorbed through the mouth. They include tinctures, sprays, oils, and lozenges, which are prepared by soaking cannabis flowers in oil or alcohol.
Allowing the substance to absorb beneath your tongue rather than allowing it to pass through your digestive tract retains more CBD and allows you to see results sooner.
Advantages Of Sublingual Consumption:
- It’s simple to consume and doesn’t require any special equipment.
- Controlling dosage is easier.
- It has long-term effects.
Drawbacks Of Sublingual Consumption:
- Sublingual consumption may create different effects for everyone.
- The earthy flavor of CBD may be too much for some folks.
Vaporizing, rather than smoking, is a cleaner and more convenient way to inhale CBD. Vaporizing CBD, like smoking, has a more immediate effect on the body since it enters the bloodstream without having to pass through the intestines and liver for digestion.
Vaporizers come in a variety of prices and might be difficult to operate for first-timers. Vaping might be a quick way to ingest CBD directly into the body, but vaping, like smoking, has the potential to cause health problems through the contaminants found in the vapes.
It is vital to ensure that contaminants such as cadmium, metal, and lead particles don’t pass into the mouth, since they might cause allergies. According to some users, CBD vaping creates an instant effect when vaped.
CBD can be taken in a variety of ways, and it’s beneficial in many health conditions including mental disorders, insomnia, muscle pain & inflammation, etc.
Whether you like vaping, topical application, edibles, or sublingual delivery, doing your research and planning ahead of time can ensure a smooth and happy experience.